Updated January 22, 2022
How We Collect Information (and What We Collect)
Generally speaking, we may obtain information about you from three sources:
- Information we collect directly from you, such as identifiers, purchase history, customer records, call recordings, and customer profiles.
- Information from other companies, such as your Facebook user name if you "Like" us on Facebook.
- Information automatically collected, such as usage data, including the pages you view on our Sites and Apps.
Use of Information
We use your information with the following entities or in the following ways:
- Transactional purposes, such as providing the requested services.
- Customer service, such as responding to your inquiries.
- Communication, such as responding to your requests for assistance or relevant updates.
- Marketing, such as providing you with special offers and contacting you about products we think may interest you.
- Administration, such as managing our inventory, maintaining our Sites and Apps, including debugging and repairing.
- Evaluating use of our Services, including which features of our Sites and Apps are of most interest.
- Research and development, such as improving our Site and Apps and understanding our customer demographics.
- Legal compliance, such as responding to a subpoena or court order.
- Protection of us and others, such as investigating a possible crime, security incident, or enforcing a contract.
Sharing of Information
We share your information with the following entities or in the following ways:
- Corporate relatives, such as a corporate subsidiary or division.
- Service providers, such as entities that host our Sites and Apps; assist us with advertising, marketing, customer service, or any other purpose for which we use your personal information.
- Site and App users, such as if you post content on our Sites or Apps that may be available to all visitors.
- Social Media and Networking Platforms, if you post to our social media feed or post comments in your own publicly available social media account.
- Carefully Selected Partners, such as for a joint promotion in which you choose to participate.
- Business transfers, such as if we merge with, or sell a business to, another legal entity.
- In response to legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- To protect us and others, such as to monitor our website for security issues.
- Aggregate and de-identified information, such as for research and statistical analysis.
Your Controls and Choices
You have certain choices regarding how we use your personal information. For example, if you decide you no longer want to receive promotional emails from us, you can let us know by following the unsubscribe link in the email, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a California resident, you also have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information, to request that we delete your personal information, and to request a copy of your personal information.
Other Important Privacy Information
- International transfers of information. If you are located outside of the United States, your information will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. Learn more.
- Children’s Privacy. Our Services are intended for general audiences and are not targeted to children. Learn more.
- Security. We have taken steps designed to help protect the information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, but we cannot eliminate all risk. Learn more.
- Important Privacy Information for California Residents. Learn more.
- Important information for residents of Europe. Learn more.
- Contact information. Learn more.
On occasion, we may offer promotions or co-branded offerings that are governed by additional or different privacy policies. If so, the promotion or offering will be a link to those policies.
2. Types of Information That We Collect (and How We Collect It)
We collect information, including personal information, about you from a variety of sources, including, information that we collect directly from you; information that we collect from other entities; and information that we collect automatically when you use our Services. We collect two basic types of information - personal information and anonymous information - and we may also combine anonymous information and your personal information with other information in a way that it is not associated with you, to create aggregated information. The type of information that we collect about you depends on your interaction with us.
Information that We Collect Directly From You: We collect identifying information, financial information, demographic information, purchase history/customer records, and other information as described below when you use our Services or otherwise interact with us. In particular, we collect information from you when you take the following actions:
- Create an Account: You may create an account on certain of our Sites or in our Apps. The type of personal information that we collect from you varies based on our Sites or Apps, but includes, at a minimum, your name and email address. It may also include your address (including country of residence), gender, date of birth, username and password, and marketing preferences.
- Make a Purchase: When you make a purchase from us, we will collect your name, billing and shipping addresses, email, phone number, payment card information, and items purchased. Please also see our discussion below about purchases made through social media.
- Sign Up for Email Marketing: We collect your name and email address if you sign up to request email advertising from us (you also may sign up for email marketing when registering your product with us).
- Post to our Services or Our Social Media Pages: You may post your photos or other content, such as reviews, to our Services, as indicated, and on our social media pages.
- Register a Product for Warranty: Depending on the product and/or the particular Site/App, you may register a product warranty with us online or through a mobile feature. When you register, we collect information about your purchase (product name, where purchased, price), your name and contact information (mailing address, email) and you may have the option of answering survey questions, such as with respect to your income bracket, age, gender, and marital status.
- Contact Customer Service: We collect information about you when you contact our customer service department, whether by phone, mail, or email. This includes your name, contact number, and scope of your inquiry. Calls to our call center may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes. We do not typically associate these recordings with the personal information we collect about you.
- Participate in Promotions: If you participate in a promotion, then we will collect the information that you submit as part of your entry. We may offer promotions in connection with other entities, and, in some cases, our promotions will be governed by additional or different privacy policies; we will notify you at the time of collection if your data will be subject to an additional or different policy.
- Interact at Tradeshows: We collect information from you that you choose to provide to us at trade shows (e.g., to our employees or other representatives such as hairstylists). We collect the information that you choose to provide to us, which may include, for example, your contact information and information about preferred products.
Information We Collect About You From Other Sources
- Information that we collect from other entities/brands: We may collect information about you from our affiliates.
- Your Friends: We may collect information about you if your friends purchase a gift or product for you.
- Social Media: If you post information on our social media pages, we may collect the information that you post. We also may obtain information about you through your social media pages that you have made public if you mention us in a post. Our collection of information about you is governed by the social media page and not this policy. We do not typically associate your social media information with the personal information we collect about you. You may purchase some of our products through certain social media sites or apps. If you do so, the social media site controls the data that it provides to us, which will include, at a minimum, information necessary to provision your order.
- Purchase from Non-Affiliated Providers: We may obtain a list of prospective customers from a non-affiliated source, such as a list purchase, where permitted by applicable law. We also may purchase demographic information from non-affiliated sources.
- Other Merchants: From time to time, we offer in-store or other promotions; if you participate in a promotion, we may obtain your contact information from the store or other merchant.
Information We Collect Automatically: We automatically collect information about you when you use our Services (usage information). The type of information that we collect varies depending on the settings of your web browser or device, but it may include the pages you view on our Sites and Apps; the date and time you access our Sites and Apps; how long you use our Services; the type of web browser you are using (for example, Firefox or Chrome); the type of device you are using (for example, whether you are using a mobile device); and your Internet Protocol address; device ID; your location information (collected, e.g., through our analytics providers such as Google). Our service providers also may track your behavior through links that you click on our Sites and Apps (e.g., if you link to a retailer through our Services, our service providers may evaluate whether you completed a purchase on a non-affiliated site). See the section below entitled Cookies and Tracking for more information. We do not typically associate this information with the personal information that we collect about you.
Please understand that if you do not provide information to us, we may not be able to provide our products or services to you.
4. Use of Your Information
In general, personal information that you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- Transactional Purposes: to provision the requested services and orders; to establish and update your account; and for other transactional purposes.
- Customer service/communications: to provide you with a personalized shopping experience; for technical support to answer your inquiries; to provide product updates/recalls and similar purposes.
- Warranty Support: to maintain information about your warranty and to honor the terms of the warranty.
- Marketing/Advertising: for marketing purposes, including to provide you with special offers, promotions, news, and newsletters; to contact you about products we think may interest you, including products offered by our affiliated entities; to target advertisements to you; to administer contests, promotions, and other offers; and for other marketing, advertising, and promotional purposes. Our communications may include information about FHT or any other brands within the FHT family. Our marketing communications with you may include communications via postal mail and email. We, and our service providers, also use your information to determine the success of our advertising campaigns, regardless of the marketing and advertising channel. Finally, with your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name and other information on our Site or in marketing and advertising channels.
- Research and development/Analytical purposes: for research and development purposes, including to improve our Services, products, and customer experience; to understand what parts of our Sites and Apps are most popular or to improve upon such Sites and Apps; to understand our customer demographics; and for other research and analytical purposes.
- Legal compliance: to comply with applicable legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations; and as part of legal proceedings.
- Protection of us and others: where we believe it is necessary to protect us and others, including, without limitation to detect, prevent, and respond to fraud, security incidents, or other issues where we believe it is appropriate to protect us and others.
5. Sharing Your Information
We share your information with the following entities:
- Corporate Relatives. We may share your information with any current or future parent company, affiliate, subsidiary or division.
- Service Providers. We share your information with our service providers or others who perform functions on our behalf. For example, we share your information with service providers who host our Sites and Apps, coordinate mailings, analyze aggregate information about our customers, assist us in detecting and deterring fraud, security incidents, or other unlawful activity, and for other business purposes as described above in how we use your information. We also permit service providers to collect information about you online through cookies and other tracking tools; please see Cookies and Tracking and Analytics Providers/Advertisers sections below.
- Site and App Users. We may share your information with other users of our Sites and Apps. For example, if you post a review, pictures, or other content on our Services, the contents of your post (including any pictures that you post) as well as other information, such as your username, may be available to all visitors to our Sites and Apps.
- Social Media Platforms (at your direction). We may share your information with third-party sites or platforms, including social media sites, at your request, direction, or consent.
- Analytics Providers/Advertisers. As set forth above, we share information with analytics providers and advertisers to assist us in implementing and evaluating relevant advertising. Often the information that we share is collected from you through cookies and other tracking technologies on our Sites and Apps. We also may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Facebook Custom Audience, which may use it to target advertising to you. See the section entitled Your Choices, Opt-out of Interest Based Advertising below.
We may also share your information in the following ways:
- Business Transfers. We may share your information with another entity if we or any of our current or future corporate relatives are acquired by or merged with another legal entity, if substantially all of our assets or the assets of one of our corporate relatives are sold or transferred to another legal entity, as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, or as part of a sale of a business or a similar transfer of assets.
- In Response to Legal Process. We share your information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law or a regulatory requirement; to comply with governmental, administrative, or judicial process or other similar requirement or order, such as a subpoena or court order; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or governmental agencies any activities that we believe are in violation of applicable laws, rules, or regulations without providing notice.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may disclose aggregate and de-identified information about our customers for marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
6. Your Controls and Choices
You have certain choices regarding the personal information we collect about you. For example, you may:
- Opt Out of Promotional Email Communications. You may opt out of promotional emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the email, or by emailing us at email@example.com, and explaining the email that you would like to unsubscribe from. Please also note that if you have previously added your contact information to the mailing list of one of our clients or partners and later withdraw your permission, you will have to contact that third party (or use an opt-out link provided in an email communication from that client or partner) to request removal from that mailing list as well.
- Opt Out of Interest-Based Advertising. We use service providers such as Google's AdSense and AdWords to help us provide advertisements to you that are tailored to you based on interests that you have expressed on our Site or elsewhere ("Interest-Based Ads"). Any advertisements served by Google, Inc., and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to this Site. Any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google's own privacy policies. You may decide to disable Google cookies by clicking on: www.google.com/settings/ads/onweb/optout?hl=en. You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt out of interest-based ads delivered by Google. You also may opt out of receiving Interest-Based Ads from many third-party ad networks, such as those provided by members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") and the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"). For more information regarding Interest-Based Ads by NAI members and DAA members, including how to opt out of Interest-Based Ads provided by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: optout.networkadvertising.org and optout.aboutads.info. Please note that opting out of participating ad networks does not mean that you will not see advertisements at all and you will continue to receive advertisements on other websites and from companies that do not participate in the above programs. Even if you opt out of interest-based ads, you may still see ads based on factors such as your general location derived from your IP address, your browser type and recent, previous searches related to your current search. Certain of our Sites and Apps also may use Facebook advertising, including Facebook Custom Audience. As set forth above and in the Cookies and Tracking section below, we may disclose certain information (such as your email address) to Facebook Custom Audiences (for more information on Facebook Custom Audience click here) so that we can better target ads and content to you and others with similar interests on third parties' websites or media ("Custom Audiences"). We may also work with other ad networks and marketing platforms that enable us and other participants to target ads to Custom Audiences submitted by us and others. You may also control how Facebook and other third parties display certain ads to you, as explained further in their respective privacy policies or by using the opt-outs described in this paragraph.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still send you communications about your account or any products or services you have purchased from us and we will still respond to your inquiries and requests for information.
Cookies and Tracking
- Clear GIFs, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in functionality to cookies, which are embedded invisibly on web pages. We or our service providers may use clear GIFs (also known as web beacons, web bugs, pixel tags, or action tags, among other names), in connection with our Services to perform functions like tracking the activities of visitors to our Services, helping us manage content, and compiling statistics about usage of our Services. We or our service providers may also use clear GIFs in emails to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
- Embedded Scripts. We may use embedded scripts, which is code designed to collect information about how visitors interact with a website, such as the website which linked them to our Site.
- Do Not Track. Our Services do not respond to Do Not Track signals. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
7. Children's Privacy
Our Site and Apps are intended for general audiences and are not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you are under 16 years of age, then please do not use or access our Site or Apps at any time or in any manner. If we learn that personal information from children under the age of 16 has been collected, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 16 years of age has obtained an account on our Site or through our Apps, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can delete your child’s personal information from our systems.
8. International Transfers of Information
Tre Milano, LLC is a United States company, and our Services are intended to be used by customers located in the United States.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, FHT may transfer your information to the United States for processing and storage.
By using our Services, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of your information, including personal information, in the United States.
We have taken steps to help protect the information we collect about you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. Please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any information we have collected about you, and your use of our Services indicates that you understand and accept this risk.
You should take steps to protect your account by, among other things, choosing a strong password that nobody else knows or can easily guess and keeping your log-in and password information private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
10. Important Privacy Information for California Residents
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), we are required to provide California consumers with a detailed notice about the collection of their information, use, disclosure, and sale of their information, and their rights to protect that information.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect, Disclose, and Sell
Above we described the scope of information that we collect about you, including California residents (see "Types of Information We Collect"). In this section, we are identifying the personal information that we collect using the categories set forth in the CCPA; the scope of personal information collected below, however, is not intended to differ from what is set forth above. In the table, we also identify whether we disclose that data for a business purpose, which includes disclosing with service providers to assist us in fulfilling your orders, hosting our website, assisting with advertising, and as described above.
We do not "sell" your data in the customary sense of the word “sell. That is, we do not give your data to any third party in exchange for monetary compensation. However, we do share your data with analytics providers and advertisers to assist us and other entities with targeted advertising (collectively, and for purposes of this policy, "AdTech"). Under the CCPA, such disclosure may be considered a "sale." To that end, in the "Do we sell?" column below, we have indicated "Yes" where such data is shared in connection with AdTech.
|Categories of personal information
|Do we collect?
|Do we disclose for a business purpose(s)
|Do we sell?*
Name, Contact Information and other Identifiers:Identifiers such as a real name, alias, address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or similar information.
Customer Records: Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, photographs (if you choose to post on our Sites or Apps), address, telephone number, credit card number or debit card number.
Purchase History and Tendencies: Commercial information including products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or use histories or tendencies.
Usage Data: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, clickstream data, search history, and information regarding interaction with our Sites, Apps, or advertisement, including access logs and other activity information related to the use of our Services.
Geolocation Data: We collect data about your location through our analytics providers and with your consent as described above.
Audio, Video and other Electronic Data: We record calls if you contact our customer service center.
Profiles and Inferences: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile reflecting a resident's preferences and purchase tendencies, which may be used for targeted advertising.
*Only in connection with AdTech as described above. We do not "sell" your data for monetary compensation.
California Resident Rights
As a California resident, you have the following rights:
- Right to Opt-out of Sale of Personal Information. We do not "sell" your data for monetary compensation. We do share your data with analytics providers and advertisers to assist us and other entities with targeted advertising. For instance, we allow entities to place cookies on our Sites and Apps to collect information about your interaction with such Sites and Apps, including in some cases whether you make a purchase of one of our products on a different site. This collection of information may be a "sale" under the broad definition of "sale" as defined under the CCPA. You may opt out of such sharing or "sales" by clicking here.
- Delete Your Information. As stated above, at any time, you may request that we remove a posting made to our Services or deactivate your account, if you have an account with us, by contacting us at email@example.com. California residents may request that we delete all of the information that we hold about them (please note that there are exemptions to the right to delete) by clicking here
- Request a Copy of Your Personal Information. You may request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months by clicking here. You have the right for us to deliver this to you at no cost either by mail or in an electronically portable format, where technically feasible, so that you can share that information with another entity. You also have the right to know: the categories of personal information that we collect about you; the categories of the sources of personal information; the purpose for which we use the data; and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed this data. We have identified these categories and disclosures in the table above. You may make up to two requests in a 12-month period.
Submitting Requests. You may submit your particular request by clicking on the applicable link above. If you have an account with us, you also may submit your request by logging into your account. You also may contact us toll free at (800) 307-0078. We will respond to verifiable requests received from California consumers as required by law. If you are an agent, you must submit a copy of your power of attorney or a notarized statement authorizing you to act as an agent. Please click on the applicable link above for specific agent instructions or contact us at the above number.
Right to Non-Discrimination. The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California residents for exercising their rights under the CCPA. Discrimination may exist where a business denies or provides a different level or quality of goods or services, or charges (or suggests that it will charge) different prices, rates, or penalties on residents who exercise their CCPA rights, unless doing so is reasonably related to the value provided to the business by the residents' data.
Financial Incentives. A business may offer financial incentives for the collection, sale or deletion of California residents' personal information, provided the incentive is not unjust, unreasonable, coercive or usurious, and is made available in compliance with applicable transparency, informed consent, and opt-out requirements. California residents have the right to be notified of any financial incentive offers and their material terms, the right to opt-out of such incentives at any time, and may not be included in such incentives without their prior informed opt-in consent. From time to time we may offer free shipping or other incentives (such as a discount if you sign up for email marketing from us). We will notify you of the incentive at the time of offer.
11. Important Privacy Information for Residents of Europe
FHT does not have a presence in the European Union and does not process or store the personal information of European residents. If you are a resident of the European Union and wish to ensure that none of your information is processed or stored by FHT, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Contact Information
13. Changes to this Policy
Rakuten Advertising may collect personal information when you interact with our digital property, including IP addresses, digital identifiers, information about your web browsing and app usage and how you interact with our properties and ads for a variety of purposes, such as personalization of offers or advertisements, analytics about how you engage with websites or ads and other commercial purposes. For more information about the collection, use and sale of your personal data and your rights, please use the below links.
Your rights : https://rakutenadvertising.com/legal-notices/services-privacy-rights-request-form/